Now that spring is almost upon us, it’s time to start considering the clothing trends that come with it. I’m super excited because it would appear, (if Vogue, Bazaar, and W magazine are accurate), we’ve got some glorious looks to choose from this season. But rather than list every trend that came out of NYFW this year, I decided to minimize the list to only five of the best trends. So without delay, ere are five trends you should be wearing now!
1. Wide-Leg Trousers-Seen on the runways of BCBG Max Azria & Rosie Assoulin, this trend is a chic throwback to the 40’s. Think of Katherine Hepburn in the Philadelphia Story or Veronica Lake in The Blue Dahlia. The look is perfect for spring and utterly comfortable. Take a cue from the BCBG Max Azria S/S 14′ Collection and pair the look with a crop top and heels. Or, if you would rather go a little more casual, pair the trousers with a fitted blazer, gold jewelry and wedges.
2. Bomber Jackets- This look is positively one of my favorites. Seen on S/S 14′ runways such as 3.1 Phillip Lim, Marc Jacobs, and Tracy Reese; this trend is a stylish alternative to that unwanted army jacket you’ve been trying to get rid of. Pair the look with a floral cocktail dress and ankle booties for a night out or with skinny jeans and a sheer t-shirt for a more casual vibe.
3. Collarless Coats-I absolutely find this trend adorable. There’s a bit of a 50’s vibe going on which is perfect seeing how the 50’s were a time of elegance and sophistication. This particular look made it’s debut on Carven, J.Crew, and Rachel Zoe this past September during NYFW. To showcase the look properly, pair it with a turtleneck, leather skirt, and trendy oxfords for a bit of a 60’s throwback.
4. Embellished Details- I’ve always been a huge fan of a little sparkle within my outfits so this trend sits well with me. Seen during the S/S 14′ shows such as Tory Burch, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Wes Gordon; this look is ideal for anyone trying to add a little glamour to their daily ensembles. If you want to be subtle, choose something small such as a pair of heels or a blouse with just a hint of embellishment. If you want take the trend to the next level, try an embellished skirt, coat or dress. Try not to go overboard with the look. Too much embellished detail can look a bit cheap.
5. Graphic Prints- I love this look because it instantly adds intrigue to any outfit. Seen on S/S 14′ runway shows from Proenza to Edun, this looks is incredibly versatile and utterly chic. For simple way to incorporate the look into your wardrobe, search for a skirt or dress with graphic detailing. Pair the look with some ankle booties, reflective sunnies and an epic clutch to give the look a bit of a futuristic vibe.